Delicious & Quick: Eggs Stuffed with Smoked Salmon & Cucumber
Passover has already begun and Easter Sunday is quickly approaching, are you prepared with an easy side dish appropriate for either or both holidays? Do not fret, Steel Pony has you covered. Check out the elegant, easy and scrumptious recipe we found on delish.com
Eggs Stuffed with Smoked Salmon & Cucumbers
- 10 large eggs
- 2 ounce(s) smoked salmon, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup(s) cucumber, chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) fresh dill, chopped, plus sprigs for garnish
- In 4-quart saucepan, place eggs and enough cold water to cover by at least 1 inch; heat to boiling on high. Immediately remove saucepan from heat and cover tightly; let stand 15 minutes. Pour off hot water, and run cold water over eggs to cool. Peel eggs.
- Slice eggs lengthwise in half. Gently remove yolks and place in medium bowl; with fork, break yolks into chunks. Reserve 1 tablespoon chopped salmon. To egg yolks, add mayonnaise, cucumber, 2 teaspoons chopped dill, 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, and remaining salmon; gently stir until combined. (Egg-yolk mixture and egg whites can be covered separately and refrigerated up to 24 hours.)
- Place egg whites on serving dish or in jelly-roll pan lined with paper towels (to prevent eggs from rolling). Spoon about 1 tablespoon egg-yolk mixture into each egg-white half. Top eggs with reserved chopped salmon. Cover eggs and refrigerate up to 4 hours. Just before serving, garnish with dill sprigs.
Tonight is the second night of Passover. I thought it would be fun to air the four questions for those that never heard them and as reminder for those that forget the words. But before that found this video. I think it is hilarious. Hopefully you will too.
Now for the four questions.
- Passover is the oldest continuously celebrated Jewish festival.
- Jewish people eat matzos, a flat, unleavened bread made of flour and water, during the Passover holiday. They do this to remember their ancestors who, in order to escape from slavery in Egypt, left in such a hurry that there was no time for their dough to rise.
- During Passover, the Coca-Cola bottling company of New York makes Coke that is kosher for Passover. Sugar is used instead of corn syrup, because corn is not considered kosher for Passover.
- Children play an important role in the Passover celebration. During the Seder dinner, the youngest child at the table generally asks four questions, the answers to which explain “why this night is different from all other nights.
Do you have any fun facts to ad?
I want to thank Parent’s Magazine for the above fun facts.
If You FEEL Uncomfortable, You LOOK Uncomfortable
This may seem like a pretty self explanatory fashion tip, but if you FEEL uncomfortable in what you are wearing, it reads all over you, making you LOOK uncomfortable.
Lets face it, our confidence is affected by what we wear. If you are feeling self conscious about your outfit, the likelihood is that you are going to be tugging, tucking, pulling and re-adjusting as you go about your day. This reads as a lack of self confidence. How many times have you had the urge to tuck your bra-strap back into the recesses of your sleeveless dress strap during a meeting? Or pull your blouse down to cover your sides, belly & behind while you walk?
Prevent these somewhat socially acceptable ticks by buying clothing that you feel comfortable and confident in. Garments that fit properly, drape your areas of concern and accentuate your attributes.
Arm your self!
- Buy bra-strap pins: a nifty little device that you pin to the underside of your tops & dresses at the shoulder seam & sneak your bra strap into
- Invest in Double Sided tape: the greatest thing since…duct tape! But wont hurt your skin. Slap a piece onto the edges of necklines to keep them from puckering out, keep in your purse for emergency hem fixes
- KNOW YOUR MEASUREMENTS: Size LITERALLY means nothing. Every brand may have a variation on what a “6″ is & the only thing that is a constant is your own waist, hip & chest size (well, for the time being at least!) Knowing those numbers arms you to view a size chart & know which size will flatter you current figure best
Most importantly, love what you wear and who you wear. When you invest in your clothing & your world by purchasing from sustainable & ethically made clothing companies, the energy of your good deed shines through!
Please share your thoughts, tips, must haves and favorite confidence boosting garments in the comment section below. Be sure to continue the conversation on our Facebook page.
We Share Our Color Inspiration For Spring 2014
Here at Steel Pony, we are not held captive by what is deemed “trending” in the fashion world. But we do like to keep our ears to the pavement and get a beat on what is dominating, as a means of creating a sort of sound board to bounce our own ideas off of and see where they may land.
For the Spring 2014 season black and white reigned supreme, again, as did tribal and ethnic influences. Color saturation spiked at fluorescent and bounced down to blue/gray backed tones of the same colors paired with more punchy tints being called: Acid Green, Wisteria and Aquamarine.
SP creates each color in house and then recreates the formula to work for each fabric being used in an individual collection. We chose to use brights that carried the feel of the Acid Green, Wisteria & Aquamarine, in a way that balanced the dominate tones more evenly and named them: Kiwi, Grapeseed & Sea Green. The black and white came to life via our tribal leaf print which can be over dyed in any of our knock out colors.
Which color are you loving this season both from what you see trending around you as well as from Steel Pony’s Spring 2014 Ethnic Collection?
Please let us know what your thoughts are in the comment section below or post up your thoughts on our Facebook page.
Accessorize your Steel Pony Spring outfit with the newest Ring Trend. I hear that it is a celebrity trend…not that we follow them. In reality it is a trend that our own Boho girls created. So I guess we can say they follow us!
I have never gotten my color done. I just know what works for me. Maybe it is the years I have spent in fashion or maybe it is innate. As I was trolling the internet looking for some help with determining how to help others with their color, I realized the process seemed to be complex. Hopefully I have simplified it for everyone.
If you are Cool toned you look best in Blues-Greens-Aqua-Purple tones.
You are cool if your undertone in pink, red or bluish. How do you figure that out? Check your veins. If they look more blue you are most likely cool.
If you are warm toned your best colors are Yellow, Orange, Browns, Yellow-green, Ivory, Warm Reds. To determine if you fit in this category check if your veins are more green.
That is really a simplified version of Color Theory. For a more in depth article about this go to http://www.thechicfashionista.com/seasonal-color-analysis-2.html.
So….let me know what you are?
9 Steps to Amazing! Create A Complicated Looking Hanging Planter–EASILY!
No, you have not traveled back in time to 1974….Macrame is back! The fun and simple art of knot work is always a relaxing technique to use when creating various D.I.Y projects. The instructions and photography provided below will guide you through a very basic way of creating a complicated looking hanging planter. In only 9 steps (including the “hanging step”) you will be able to make a classic bohemian style staple. Place your smaller container plants inside a few of these knotty wonders and hang at varying lengths in your front window to create an impressive display for Spring.
- 1 skein of cotton yarn
- 1 metal jump ring
Please be sure to add any helpful tips for this project, along with images of your finished pieces in the comment section below!
A big thank you to the blogsite: The Bohemian Collective. This project as well as all imagery comes from this site and was authored by the sites contributor: Christi Jay. Steel Pony loves this site, be sure to check them out: http://thebohemiancollective.blogspot.com/
Here we are, April Fools Day. I gathered some jokes that others have done for April Fools Day. Take a look thru and vote for your favorite in the comments.
1.Paint a bar of soap with clear nail polish to prevent it from lathering. From Mashable
2. Cover the hallway in cups of water
3. The Rubber Phone Trick
4. The Cat Lover Trick ( I don’t know this one doesn’t seem so bad)
5. Be a Chair Prank
Tell me which is your favorite.
Today lets do this at least once. Please share your kindness.
We keep hearing that wine has many benefits………….at least we hope so.
The phytochemicals in wine raise your good cholesterol, while its antioxidants protect the lining of the coronary arteries. One to two glasses of red a day is the optimal amount to help you see this effect.
Resveratrol, found in red wine, may help safeguard your hearing, according to a recent study. So go ahead, turn on your favorite tunes and relax with a glass.
Again, resveratrol is clutch. It helps neutralize free radicals, which can attack the skin when left unchecked. But pour yourself some wine—and buh-bye, skin damage.
Moderate alcohol may help prevent cognitive decline since it promotes improved blood flow throughout your brain. Who knew?
For the rest go to http://www.womenshealthmag.com/nutrition/benefits-of-wine#.