This pretty plaited necklace can be made any length and is a great way of using scraps of fabric.
1.Cut three strips of different fabric each 3” (wide) x 28” (long).
2. With right sides together take one strip of fabric and stitch raw edges together leaving one end open. Turn to the right side and press. Neaten the opening edges.
3. Repeat with other 2 strips.
4. Stitch the three strips together at one shorter end then plait the strips together, (you will find that one strip will end up longer than the other two).
5. Hold the end of the plaiting together with a row of stitching.
6. Go back to the top end of the plait and slide the stitched end through a pair of D rings and stitch them in place.
7. Now slide the other end of the necklace into the D rings to finish.