If you are aything like me, it is a constant struggle to keep my area tidy and as the day goes on it gets worse. So, since we are in a New Year, I thought it is time to clean up my act. Besides it is Clean Off Your Desk Day. Everything is in allignment. I went in search of ideas and have come up with some tips I plan to try. Maybe we can form a Clean up club and keep each other accountable.
- Don't be a packrat. This is probably the hardest thing for me to do. I save every scrap of fabric to make it into something else. I guess I do that with every piece of paper too. I do use the back side. Waste not want not right? Ok, if you will try, I will too.
- Clean up before you start the day. This way you are starting clean so you have a better chance of staying clean.
- Every time you take something out to use it, put it away before moving on to your next project.
- Avoid piles. This is a tough one for me. How about you.
- Go digital. Rather then stacks of paper on your desk you can transfer it into your computer. This sounds good but then my computer will be all messy. Actually, come to think of it, it already is like this.
- Throw out the trash. Go thru everything and throw it out. Maybe we can use the clothing rule. If you have not looked at in in a year, throw it out.
So take a look at your workspace right now? Does it need cleaning? Stop and spend 10-15 minutes cleaning it. They say you will get more done if you work in a clean workspace. I don't know about that, for me I have always thrived in the mess. Who are THEY anyway? I guess it wouldn't hurt to try this every day.
Do you get more done in a clean workspace?