To celebrate World Cocktail Day, I decided to take a look at the subject. First it was Wine that that everyone was fascinated about, then came the Craft Beer craze. Everywhere I look there seems to be a Pop Shop or Beer Garden. The Cocktail has a whole different vibe about it. When I think of it, I think of my parents generation and the shows where the way to end the day was with a Martini. will keep I think of shows like Mad Men...
Then I was invited to a party at a school that taught the art of making Cocktails and yes it really is an art. I may not be a drinker of these but I certainly appreciate the Art of it. I came across a great article about the subject in Forbes. I will give you the cliff notes version but if you want to read the full article you can CLICK HERE.
Top 5 Trends in Cocktails.
- Mocktails: Yes even if you are Sober, you can enjoy your own version of the Cocktail. They are really getting better with the complexity of them and 80% of Bartenders served said they would have them on the menu.
- Focus on Sustainability: This one is up our alley right ladies? The most interesting tidbit was that some of the bartenders have added Bee Hives on sight. That probably would keep me away. LOL Photo by Patti Black on Unsplash
3. Unexpected pairings. Think Champagne and Fried Chicken.
4. Mushroom infused drinks. Because we are looking for healthy in our cocktail?
5. Food Inspired Cocktails. Maybe add some Bone Broth to your Cosmo.
I hope to have inspired you to go out and make something fun for World Cocktail Day. Here is my contribution.
From Use your Noodle