Every year I start off buying a journal and telling myself, this year I am going to journal regularly. In the back of my head I know it is a good thing to do but I never really stepped back and thought about the why.
This year, more then ever, many of us have had the opportunity to step back and figure out what is important. Self Care is the word of the month and maybe the year.
So why should you journal? Here are some benefits you can get.
- Achieve your Goals This is the perfect place to write down what you would like to accomplish. The first step in achieving your goals is to get them down on paper. Try to be a specific as possible. If you can see it, you can achieve it.
- Track your growth and progress Make journaling a habit and check previous entries to gauge how you are doing and thinking about what you might do to progress faster.
- Gain Self Confidence By seeing your progress you will feel more confident that you are in the right direction.
- Improve your writing and communication skills Writing is an art as much as anything else creative,. Practice makes perfect.
- Reduce Stress Our self talk can really mess with our heads. Writing it down gets it out of there. It helps you release negative thoughts and maybe finding constructive ways to deal with the thoughts you are having.
- Find Inspiration It is a great way to brainstorm. By just writing thoughts you may find that next brilliant idea. I do this with sketching. When I doodle in my sketchbook my creativity starts to flow and leads me to my next collection.
- Strengthen your Memory The Journal of Experimental Psychology did a study and found that writing your thoughts down can reduce intrusive thoughts. Just writing things down tells your brain that this is something you want to remember.
You will be among a prestigious group that has made journaling a regular practice. Albert Einstein, Frida Kahlo and Leonardo Da Vinci all journaled.
So, How do you begin? I put together a pdf of questions to get you started in the new year. You can download it HERE.
Buy a new journal to get started. We have Leather covered journals in 3 sizes. (Leather may vary as each book is hand made) You can see them HERE
Want to connect with an amazing group of women and get great deals on our site? Have you joined the Filly VIP Club yet? Check out the details HERE.